Forum of Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place for Rockers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is Rock and Roll?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ride_The_Lightning60
Admin
Ride_The_Lightning60

What is Rock and Roll? Empty
PostSubject: What is Rock and Roll?   What is Rock and Roll? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Rock and roll (also known as rock 'n' roll) is a form of music that evolved in the United States in the late 1940s and early 1950s, and quickly spread to the rest of the world.

Classic rock and roll is played with one or two electric guitars (one lead, one rhythm), a string bass or (after the mid-1950s) an electric bass guitar, and a drum kit. In the earliest rock and roll styles of the late 1940s and early 1950s, either the piano or saxophone was often the lead instrument, but these were generally replaced or supplemented by guitar in the middle to late 1950s. The beat is essentially a boogie woogie blues rhythm with an accentuated backbeat, the latter almost always provided by a snare drum.

The massive popularity and eventual worldwide view of rock and roll gave it an unprecedented social impact. Far beyond simply a musical style, rock and roll, as seen in movies and in the new medium of television, influenced lifestyles, fashion, attitudes, and language. It went on to spawn various sub-genres, often without the characteristic backbeat, that are more properly called simply 'rock music'.
Back to top Go down
https://elektrikmetal.darkbb.com/
Demonic Templar
Admin
Demonic Templar

What is Rock and Roll? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Rock and Roll?   What is Rock and Roll? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm

hmm i would say is something ancient but with beating heart :Dl
Back to top Go down
https://elektrikmetal.darkbb.com

What is Rock and Roll?
Page 1 of 1