Forum of Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place for Rockers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thrash Metal band Metallica

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ride_The_Lightning60
Admin
Ride_The_Lightning60

Thrash Metal band Metallica Empty
PostSubject: Thrash Metal band Metallica   Thrash Metal band Metallica I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Metallica is an American trash metal band that formed in 1981 in Los Angeles, California. Founded when drummer Lars Ulrich posted an advertisement in a Los Angeles newspaper, Metallica's original line-up consisted of Ulrich, rhythm guitarist and vocalist James Hetfield, lead guitarist Dave Mustaine, and bassist Ron McGovney. McGovney and Mustaine were later ejected from the band, in favor of Cliff Burton and Kirk Hammett, respectively. The ejection of Mustaine resulted in a feud between him and Metallica. Mustaine later went on to form the band Megadeth. In September 1986, Metallica's tour bus skidded out of control while the band was on tour in Sweden, and Burton was crushed under the bus and killed. Jason Newsted replaced him less than two months later. Newsted left the band in 2001 and was replaced by Robert Trujillo in 2003.

Metallica's early releases included fast tempos, instrumentals, and aggressive musicianship that placed them as one of the "Big Four" of the thrash metal subgenre alongside Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. The band earned a growing fan base in the underground music community, and some critics say the 1986 release Master of Puppets is one of the most influential and "heavy" thrash metal albums. The band achieved substantial commercial success with its self-titled 1991 album Metallica, which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. Some critics and fans believed the band changed its musical direction to appeal to the mainstream audience. With the release of Load in 1996, Metallica distanced itself from earlier releases in what has been described as "an almost alternative approach", and the band faced accusations of "selling out."

In 2000, Metallica was among several artists who filed a lawsuit against Napster for sharing the band's copyright-protected material for free without the band members' consent. A settlement was reached, and Napster became a pay-to-use service. Despite reaching number one on the Billboard 200, the release of St. Anger in 2003 disappointed some critics and fans with the exclusion of guitar solos, and the "steel-sounding" snare drum. A film titled Some Kind of Monster documented the recording process of St. Anger.

Metallica has released eight studio albums, two live albums, two EPs, nine videos, and is working on a ninth studio album. The band has become one of the most commercially successful and influential heavy metal acts. With over 95 million records sold worldwide, including 57 million in the United States alone, the band has won seven Grammy Awards, and has had four albums peak at number one on the Billboard 200. The band's 1991 album Metallica, has sold over 15 million copies, which makes it the 25th highest selling album in the United States.

Last edited by Ride_The_Lightning60 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://elektrikmetal.darkbb.com/
zarathos the exiled
Admin
zarathos the exiled

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal band Metallica   Thrash Metal band Metallica I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 pm

DUUDE you realy like metallica Very Happy i love it
Back to top Go down
Ride_The_Lightning60
Admin
Ride_The_Lightning60

PostSubject: i love metallica   Thrash Metal band Metallica I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Metallica is my favorite band Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://elektrikmetal.darkbb.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrash Metal band Metallica   Thrash Metal band Metallica I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrash Metal band Metallica
Page 1 of 1